You can turn on the Game or Laptop mode to maximize the performance or prolong the battery life
This article applies to:
The Game/Laptop mode module allows you to configure the special operation modes of Acronis Internet Security Suite 2010:
- Game mode temporarily modifies the product settings so as to minimize the resource consumption when you play;
- Laptop Mode prevents scheduled tasks from running when the laptop is running on battery to save battery power.
The Game/Laptop mode settings can be adjusted only in the Expert mode. Everything set in the Expert mode is used in the Novice and Intermediate modes. See Acronis Internet Security Suite 2010: Novice, Intermediate, and Expert Modes.
In the Novice and Intermediate modes you can only enable or disable the Game and Laptop modes by clicking Settings in the upper right corner of the main program window:
Game mode settings
Game mode temporarily modifies protection settings so as to minimize their impact on system performance. While in Game mode, the following settings are applied:
- All Acronis Internet Security Suite 2010 alerts and pop-ups are disabled;
- The real-time protection level is set to Permissive;
- The Firewall is set to Allow all. (This can be changed in the Advanced Settings on the Game mode tab);
- Updates are not performed by default. (This can be changed in Update -> Settings in the Expert mode);
- Scheduled scan tasks are by default disabled.
The Game mode settings are available on the Game/Laptop Mode -> Game Mode tab of the product in the Expert mode:
- Automatic Game Mode - When enabled, the product enters the Game mode automatically when you start a game from the product's list of known games or when you an application goes to full screen. When disabled, you can manually toggle the Game mode using the default Ctrl-Alt-Shift-G hotkey;
- Use the default list of games provided by Acronis Internet Security Suite - When enabled, the product enters the Game mode when a game from the product's list is started. The list of games can be managed by clicking Manage Games;
- Enter Game Mode when an application is in full screen - When enabled, the product will enter the Game mode every time an application goes into full screen, regardless of the product's list of games;
- Ask if the full screen application should be added to the game list - The product will ask you whether to add the application to the list of games when it goes to full screen;
- Enable this module to modify Antivirus scan task schedules - You can prevent scheduled tasks from running while in the Game mode;
- Advanced Settings - You can change the Game mode hotkey toggle and set Firewall to Allow all when in Game mode:
Laptop mode settings
Laptop mode minimizes the impact of Acronis Internet Security Suite 2010 on power consumption while the device is running on battery. While in Laptop Mode, scheduled tasks are by default not performed. The product detects when your laptop has switched to battery power and it automatically enters Laptop mode. Likewise, the product automatically exits Laptop mode, when it detects the laptop is no longer running on battery.
The Laptop mode settings are available on the Game/Laptop Mode -> Laptop mode tab of the product in the Expert mode:
- Laptop Mode - Enable or disable the Laptop mode;
- Enable this module to modify Antivirus scan task schedules - You can prevent scheduled tasks from running while in the Laptop mode;