Rename vaults only through Acronis Management Server
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Small Business Server Edition
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Workstation
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Virtual Edition
- Using Acronis Management Server, you create a centralized managed vault in the root of a Windows partition:
- Then you rename the vault manually (e.g. using Windows Explorer):
- After renaming the vault manually, you delete it through Acronis Management Server:
- As a result, all folders on the partition where the renamed vault was are gone:
(!) If you have the vault on the system partition, rename it via Windows explorer and then delete it through Acronis Management Server, the system will become unbootable.
Avoid renaming centralized managed vaults through Windows Explorer.
Rename the vaults only through Acronis Management Server. See Acronis Backup & Recovery 10: Renaming Vaults.
Acronis Development Team is working on fixing the issue.