- You have enabled Vulnerability assessment/ Patch management modules in the Protection Plan
- Patch management or Vulnerability assessment activity fails with error 0x80072efd. Example:
"The vulnerability assessment failed because the Windows Update Agent returned an error 0x80072efd. Check your Windows Update settings and try again."
Windows Update error 0x80072efd stands for WININET_E_CANNOT_CONNECT: A connection with the server could not be established.
Generally it suggests that there is a problem with proxy settings or internet connection.
- The first step is to check Internet connection and Proxy
- If everything is good, do the following:
- Open Windows Registry Editor: Start -> search -> type regedit.exe and press Enter.
- Navigate to the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
- Remove the following registry proprieties:
4. Restart Windows Update Service: Start -> Search -> type services.msc and press Enter -> locate Windows Update Service (wuaserv) and click Restart.