- You create backup of a machine which has Acronis Agent for Windows or Linux installed
- You run this backup as VM (“Instant Restore” feature) and finalize it via Agent for VMware/ Hyper-V
- When this Virtual Machine is powered on, the Agent for Windows/ Linux does not start automatically within the guest Operating System.
The Agent inside the guest OS is automatically disabled during the “run as VM” processes in order to avoid potential conflicts.
If you want to re-enable the Agent for Windows/ Linux inside the Virtual Machine:
1. Log into the guest OS of the Virtual Machine and delete the following file:
- Windows: C:\ProgramData\Acronis\PostRebootResult\run_as_vm
- Linux: /var/lib/Acronis/PostRebootResult/run_as_vm
2. Start Acronis Managed Machine Service from Windows services management:
- press “Win” + “R” buttons -> type “services.msc” -> hit “Enter”