Memory integrity is a Windows security feature that makes it difficult for malicious programs to use low-level drivers to hijack your computer. The feature is not compatible with "tib.sys" driver which is included in Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office/ Acronis True Image. Starting with the build #40107, Try&Decide feature is not installed by default.
For the build 40107 and higher:
- You install Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office from scratch.
- Try&Decide feature is not installed by default.
- If you want to install Try&Decide feature, click Custom installation and select the necessary checkbox.
- If Try&Decide is installed, Memory integrity cannot be activated. See how to disable Memory integrity.
You have already installed the product and want to use Try&Decide.
- Start the product.
- In the Tools tab, click Try&Decide.
- The following message will be shown:
- Click Install in the dialog.
- Select Try&Decide tool and click Modify.
- You are using Try&Decide and start updating the product.
- You see the following window.
- Stop the Tool and continue updating.
For the builds below 40107:
- You are trying to install Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office or Acronis True Image on Windows 10/ Windows 11
- Memory integrity feature is enabled
- Installation fails with the following error:
- Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office or Acronis True Image is installed on your device
- Memory integrity feature is disabled
- You are trying to enable the feature but it fails with the error:
1. Go to Start and search for “Windows Defender Security Center” or go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Open Windows Defender Security Center.
2. Click the Device Security icon in the Security Center, then click the Core Isolation Details link.
3. Core Isolation screen shows you whether Memory Integrity is enabled or not.
To disable Memory Integrity, flip the switch to "Off":