The described behavior affects backups created or edited after 10th June 2022 in the following conditions:
- Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office or Acronis True Image is installed
- You are signed in to your Acronis Account
- You configured or edited a backup plan
Backup to NAS
All slices of Disk disk backup to NAS disappear from Recovery tab. The recovery attempts result in the "Recovery failed due to an error. There is nothing to recover." error. You can find the missing backups on the disk C:\ instead.
Backup to Acronis Secure Zone
Backup to ASZ fails with the error "The backup failed. Ensure that destination 'atis:///asz?\' is accessible and try again"
Backup to any location
If you have one of the following scheduling schemes:
- Daily (Twice a day)
- Monthly (Every numeral and a day of the week or At the selected time)
it may be reset to Daily (Once a day)
Backup to Acronis Cloud
The cleanup options might be reset to the defaults as the result of the changed schedule.
The issue with unexpected settings change originated on Acronis servers' side and propagated to local backup plans through Online Dashboard functionality. The root cause issue was identified and stopped from spreading. Affected users are recommended to follow the procedure below to clean out not compatible backup versions and resume creation of working backups.
The issue has been fixed on Acronis servers. We recommend you to check your backup settings in order to re-select previous values of backup destination or backup scheduler. If you want to continue using the same backup chain, please apply one of the following solutions:
- Check schedule of the backup: change it according to your preferences
- Backup to NAS:
- Check disk C:\ for .tibx files
- If .tibx file exists on C:\, re-select the destination for the backup on the Backup tab
- Backup slices made to C:\ are not shown in the Recovery tab, but they can be added via Add existing backup as a separate backup
- Backup to ASZ:
- If backup fails, re-select the destination for the backup on the Backup tab
- Backup to Acronis Cloud:
- Configure the cleanup rules according to your preferences