You need to migrate a large number of cPanel hosts running on CloudLinux 6.10 or 7.9 to CloudLinux 8.x (e.g. CL8.5)
You would like to be able to continue using the same TIBX files and to keep using group plans/multi-machine plans applied to these hosts
Please follow the steps below to migrate:
2. Do not install the agent or the cPanel plugin on the target.
3. Make sure no backups, restores, or other operations are running or about to start running as per schedule on the source machine. Stop the agent (the services of the agent, such as aakore and mms) on source.
4. Copy the following dirctories to the target:
5. Install the agent on the the target. The installer picks up the identity (Machine ID, MMSID, etc.) of the migration source agent, and inherits its registration too.
6. Install the cPanel plugin on the target.
7. The machine in the cloud console should show up as active again with all the old backups available. Subsequent backups continue using the existing old TIBX (the one of the migration source machine).