You start a backup of a disk or of the entire Mac, but if fails with the following errors:
- CreateSnapshot function failed
- Failed to create volume snapshot
By default Boot Camp partition is mounted in read-only mode. If Boot Camp partition is mounted in read-write mode by a third-party tool, Acronis software cannot lock this partition for backup.
As a workaround, mount the Boot Camp partition in read-only mode before running the backup.
Instructions for mounting Boot Camp partition will vary depending on the software that is used to for mounting in read-write mode.
E.g. to mount Boot Camp in read-only mode with Paragon NTFS for Mac:
- Open the Paragon NTFS for Mac.
- Find the Boot Camp partition in the menu on the left side.
- Un-mount the Boot Camp partition using the toolbar button.
- Check the "Mount in Read-only mode" box.
- Mount the partition back.
- Start the backup