Acronis Survival Kit creation or update fails with:
An error occurred while creating media "Unable to copy the file"
Partition size for Acronis Survival Kit is 2 GB. Depending on the hardware configuration, the size of video drivers may be large and it is not possible to fit them into the 2 GB partition that hosts Survival Kit.
Please use the special tool that will increase Survival Kit partition size:
- Download executable sk_size.exe
- Plug in the USB disk with unfinished Survival Kit
- Place the downloaded sk_size.exe into any non-Acronis folder, e.g. C:/tools
- Open Command prompt as Administrator: Start -> in search, type cmd -> right-click cmd.exe and select Run as administrator.
- Run sk_size.exe without any command line parameters, e.g.<
- The tool will increase Survival Kit size from 2 Gb to 4 Gb.
- After the operation is successfully completed, start Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office and try creating/updating Survival Kit again. It will update all boot files on 4Gb partition.
Alternatively, you can increase the size of the hidden Survival Kit partition using Acronis Disk Director or a different third-party disk management tool.
In future versions of the product the default size of Survival Kit partition will be increased to 4 GB.