- You installed Management Server on a machine, then registered and activated this Management Server, and allocated some licenses to it.
- You reinstalled the operating system on the machine where Management Server was installed or reinstalled Acronis Cyber Protect Management Server;
- It is not possible to unregister the "old" Management Server from the Cloud console to allocate the licenses to the "new" Management Server after reinstallation. Also, licenses cannot be unallocated from the "old" Management Server.
Specifics of the product implementation: for builds before 29240, there is no way to unregister a Management Server that does not exist.
This issue has been fixed in Acronis Cyber Protect 15 Update 4 (Build 29240). In this build, it is now possible to Unregister the management server that no longer exists.
For older builds, use the following workaround:
- On a machine with Internet access, log in to the Acronis Cyber Protection service console in the cloud, and then click Settings > License usage.
- Navigate to the "old" management server, and then click Unregister -> click I don’t have access to the management server.
After this you can install Management Server on a different machine as if this was a first-time installation. In case you want to be able to install Management Server on the same machine, please contact Acronis Support with a reference to this article,
If you plan to reinstall the operating system on the Management Server machine and/or reinstall Management Server, it is recommended to unregister the management server before the operation: see Unregistering a management server.