In Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office (formerly Acronis True Image) you can restore files and folders both from file-level backups or from disk and Entire PC backups. You can restore files using the program interface or in Windows Explorer.
Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office must be installed on the computer in order to perform recovery under Windows.
How to restore files in Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office
To recover files and folders:
- Start Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office and click Backup on the sidebar
- From the backup list, select the backup which contains the files or folders that you want to recover:
- On the right panel, click Recovery:
- Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office will display possible recovery modes for this backup. Depending on type of backup, possible recovery modes are: Entire PC, Disks, Partitions, Files. Select Files
- The program will display the data inside the backup. If necessary, select backup version (data state on specific date and time). By default the latest backup version is selected:
- Navigate the panel on the left and select the files and folders that you want to recover in the panel on the right. After selecting the necessary data, then click Next:
- Select a destination on your computer to where you want to recover selected files/folders.
- You can recover data to its original location, as selected by default
- Or choose a new location, if necessary. To choose a new location, click the Browse button:
- When needed, set the options for the recovery process (recovery process priority, file-level security settings, etc.). To set the options, click Recovery options. The options you set here will be applied only to the current recovery operation. You can learn more about recovery options in product documentation
- To start the recovery process, click the Recover now button.
You can stop the recovery by clicking Cancel. Please keep in mind that the aborted recovery may still cause changes in the destination folder.
How to restore files in File Explorer
To recover files and folders directly from File Explorer on a machine where Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office is installed:
- Double-click the corresponding .tib/.tibx file, and then browse to the file or folder that you want to recover:
- Drag and drop or copy and paste the file to a selected folder:
Note: The copied files lose the "Compressed" and "Encrypted" attributes. If you need to keep these attributes, it is recommended to perform a recovery via Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office interface as described above.
If the backup is shown as empty when browsing it in Windows Explorer, rename the folder C:\Users\<your Windows account name>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ProgramData\Acronis\CyberProtectHomeOffice\Database, reboot the computer and try again.