When you contact Acronis Customer Central, the support professionals will usually need information about your system in order to resolve your problem and will ask you to collect a system report from your computer. Send the report via email or upload it to the FTP server using the link provided by Support.
This article describes various ways to collect system report in Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office (formerly Acronis True Image).
(!) Please make sure to collect the system report after you have gathered all the other requested information (Process Monitor Log, PCAP log, etc). This way system report will contain logs related to the issue.
To generate a system report in Windows:
- Launch Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office
In case if the program's main window does not open for any reason, launch the System Report generation tool from the Windows Start menu: Acronis - Acronis System Report.
- On the sidebar, click Help:
- Click Generate system report:
- Wait until system report is collected. It may take up to 5-10 minutes. Once it is collected, you can save the system report to a folder of your choice. Click Save and select a folder:
In case if the program's main window does not open for any reason, launch the System Report generation tool from the Windows Start menu: Acronis - Acronis System Report. In this case, the system report will be automatically saved in C:\Program Files\Acronis\CyberProtectHomeOffice\SystemReport.zip
In case Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office is not installed or generating system report fails for some reason, collect system information using AcronisInfo utility.
- Click on the triangle sign:
- Select Generate system report:
Acronis System Report is a bash script that collects diagnostic information about Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office on a Mac.
To use inbuilt script for collecting system information, run the following command in Terminal:
sudo /Applications/Acronis\ Cyber\ Protect\ Home\ Office.app/Contents/MacOS/system_report.command
To create a system report on macOS 10.15 Catalina go to Macintosh HD - Applications - Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office - Show Package Contents - MacOS - system_report.command
Acronis System Report collects the following information:
- Mac OS version;
- Machine type (iMac, MacBook etc);
- System boot log;
- Information on the free/used space on the mounted partitions;
- List of the active processes;
- List of the attached disks;
- Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office for Mac logs;
- Information on the scheduled tasks;
- Configuration directory of Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office for Mac;
To be able to run the Acronis System Report script when booted from Acronis Media, copy the script to a disk with backups, USB flash drive or some other disk. Do not keep the script on a shared folder or Acronis Bootable Media.To run the Acronis System Report script from Acronis Bootable Media, mount the disk with the script.
Then do the following to run the script:
- Start Terminal.
- Go to the directory with the script (e.g. cd /Volumes/attached_media_with_script/directory_with_script/). If you do not know the name of your media, type cd /Volumes/ and press the Tab key twice, all directories will be listed.
- Start the script:
- Wait while the script collects the necessary information:
If you are running the Acronis System Report from Acronis Bootable Media, the Acronis System Report folder with the collected information will be created in the same directory where you started the script.