When you contact Acronis Customer Central, the support professionals will usually need information about your system in order to resolve your problem and will ask you to collect a system report from your computer. Send the report via email or upload it to the FTP server using the link provided by Support.
This article describes various ways to collect system report in Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office (formerly Acronis True Image).
(!) Please make sure to collect the system report after you have gathered all the other requested information (Process Monitor Log, PCAP log, etc). This way system report will contain logs related to the issue.
To generate a system report in Windows:
- Launch Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office
In case if the program's main window does not open for any reason, launch the System Report generation tool from the Windows Start menu: Acronis - Acronis System Report.
- On the sidebar, click Help:
- Click Generate system report:
- Wait until system report is collected. It may take up to 5-10 minutes. Once it is collected, you can save the system report to a folder of your choice. Click Save and select a folder:
In case if the program's main window does not open for any reason, launch the System Report generation tool from the Windows Start menu: Acronis - Acronis System Report. In this case, the system report will be automatically saved in C:\Program Files\Acronis\CyberProtectHomeOffice\SystemReport.zip
In case Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office is not installed or generating system report fails for some reason, collect system information using AcronisInfo utility.
- Click on the triangle sign:
- Select Generate system report:
Acronis System Report is a bash script that collects diagnostic information about Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office on a Mac.
To use inbuilt script for collecting system information, run the following command in Terminal:
sudo /Applications/Acronis\ Cyber\ Protect\ Home\ Office.app/Contents/MacOS/system_report.command
To create a system report on macOS 10.15 Catalina go to Macintosh HD - Applications - Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office - Show Package Contents - MacOS - system_report.command
If Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office is not installed:
- download and unzip the system report generation tool using this link: system_report.zip
- launch Terminal
- change directory to the folder with the unzipped file "system_report.command", for example if it unpacked to /system_report folder in Downloads folder, the command would be:
- make the file executable:
chmod +x system_report.command
- run the file:
Acronis System Report collects the following information:
- Mac OS version;
- Machine type (iMac, MacBook etc);
- System boot log;
- Information on the free/used space on the mounted partitions;
- List of the active processes;
- List of the attached disks;
- Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office for Mac logs;
- Information on the scheduled tasks;
- Configuration directory of Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office for Mac;
To collect system information on an Intel-based Mac, follow the steps below:
Plug in the bootable media to your Mac.
To display the boot menu: start or restart your Mac. Press and hold the Option key while the Mac is starting.
Choose Acronis Bootable Media as a device to boot from.
Run Terminal from the Utilities menu:
Type a command for collecting system report and run it. Command depends on your system type:
On an Intel-based Mac:
/Applications/Acronis\ Cyber\ Protect\ Home\ Office.app/Contents/MacOS/system_report.command
On a Mac with Apple silicon (ARM-based):
/Library/Application\ Support/Applications/Acronis\ Cyber\ Protect\ Home\ Office.app/Contents/MacOS/system_report.command
Please wait while the report is collected:
Terminal will display the path where the created Acronis System Report can be found.