To install Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office (formerly Acronis True Image) on your computer, download the installation file from your account or from the purchase confirmation e-mail. We recommend using the latest available build of the product
- Perform installation under Administrator account (or account with administrative privileges)
- In case you are upgrading from an earlier version of Acronis True Image: If your current version of Acronis True Image is Acronis True Image 2021 or Acronis True Image 2020, then Acronis Cyber Proteсt Home Office will simply update it; there is no need to remove the old version and reinstall the software. If your current version is Acronis True Image 2019 or older, we recommend that you remove the currently installed version before installing Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office.
- In Windows, Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office is installed on system disk, there is no way to change the installation path.
- Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office installer is 32-bit; the program can be used on 32-bit systems as well as on 64-bit systems (there is no separate installer for 64-bit systems).
- For the best experience, we recommend closing other running applications before starting the installation of Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office.
- Temporarily deactivate antivirus software before starting the installation
- When installing on a Windows machine, if the system requires a reboot (e.g. after installing Windows updates or other applications), please reboot the machine before starting the installation of Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office. This will help avoid conflicts with locked files
- Double-click on the installation file to run it. The product checks for available updates and offers to download a newer version if it is available. If no new version is found, click Install:
- If a newer version is available, choose if you want to install the current version or download the latest build.
- The product will then be installed.
- Reboot may be required to finalize the installation.
After installation, you will need to activate your copy of Acronis True Image: see Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office: How to activate license
- If nothing happens when you double-click the installation file, it is possible that the file was damaged during installation. Re-download the file as described in Downloading an Installation File of Acronis Software. You can also check the installation file as described in How to verify if Acronis installation file has been downloaded correctly
- If nothing happens when you click the installation file or installation stalls at any stage, temporarily disable antivirus/other security solution that is installed on the machine, as it may be interfering with the installation
- In case installation fails, you can check the installation log to look for the source of the problem: see Acronis True Image: Creating an MS Installer Log
- Double-click the Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office setup file (the file has a .dmg extension).
Double-click Install Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office in the Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office window:
- Follow the installer steps.
- When prompted, provide administrator credentials. The program will then be installed.
On macOS High Sierra 10.13, Mojave 10.14, or Catalina 10.15, you need to grant access to Acronis International GmbH after the installation. It is required for loading kernel extensions in order to have all the protection features. Please do the following:
- Open System Preferences.
- Go to the General tab of Security & Privacy.
- Click Allow to accept the prompt that appears.
Now you can use your Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office.
After installation, you will need to activate your software: see Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office: How to activate license