We would like to inform you that we will discontinue the support for mobile backups to NAS devices on August 31, 2021. Even though you will not be able to backup mobile data to NAS devices anymore, you will still be able to recover data from existing NAS backups until October 31, 2021.
After carefully evaluating customer interest and use, Acronis Mobile will no longer offer the ability to back up mobile devices to NAS:
- Starting from August 2021, no new mobile backups to NAS can be created
- Existing mobile backups to NAS are available for recovery until October 31, 2021
- On October 31, 2021 the data recovery from NAS backups will be discontinued. After that, you will not be able to restore any data from there.
We recommend you choose a new backup strategy for your mobile device and back it up to a local computer or to Acronis Cloud (requires Advanced or Premium subscription). For detailed instructions please refer to product documentation:
How to move mobile backups from NAS to local computer
- Connect to your NAS by the IP address. Provide admin credentials.
- Using File Station or a different file browser, find your mobile backup on the NAS in the following location:
- Select the backup that you want to move to the computer and download it to the computer, e.g. using the Download function.
In case there are a lot of mobile backups on NAS, you can sort them by time to find the necessary one.
- Open Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office (or Acronis True Image) on your machine and log in to your account.
- Open Settings -> Change Mobile backup location -> Click Change button (default path is C:\ProgramData\Acronis Mobile Backup Data)
- Click Select location, create a new folder on any non-system disk, and select it (new mobile backup location in the example below). Click OK.
Alternatively, you can select an existing folder
- The program will automatically create a subfolder acronis-local-data inside the selected folder.
- Move the mobile backup(s) downloaded from NAS to acronis-local-data folder:
- [Optional] Open Settings in Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office -> in Mobile backup location field click Reset to default. Newly added backup(s) will be moved back to default location.
- To continue backing up the mobile device, open Backup tab -> Click Add backup -> Change backup source to Mobile device. QR code will appear.
- Open Acronis Mobile on your mobile device -> Login into your account -> In the Backups tab click Set up button -> Select Computer -> Click Scan QR code -> Scan the code with the device camera
- After scanning the QR code you can choose to continue the existing backup. Select data to back up and proceed.