Acronis Agent for Scale Computing HC3 may leave up to 3 "Acronis utility snapshots" after a backup of each Scale VM. These snapshots are required for getting CBT information for incremental backups.
You can configure the maximum number of utility snapshots in Virtual Appliance configuration file (e.g. if these snapshots consume too much space on Scale cluster).
Please consider the following limitations in case the maximum number of snapshots is changed to 1 or 2:
- Only one protection plan should be applied to each VM. Having more than one protection plan may result in slower backups
- It is recommended to use Always incremental or Full+Incremental backup schemes
- Connect to Agent for Scale Computing HC3 (Virtual Appliance) using WinSCP utility:
- Install the WinSCP utility which you can get from http://winscp.net/eng/download.php. WinSCP (Windows Secure CoPy) is a free and open source SFTP, SCP, and FTP client for Microsoft Windows.
- Go to VA console and press CTRL+SHIFT+F2 to switch to the command line interface. In the command line of the Virtual Appliance type this command:
- Launch the WinSCP utility on the machine where you installed it.
- In the Host name field type your Virtual Appliance IP. The default login:password is root:root .
- The protocol should be set to SCP and then click on Login.
- You will get a window with all the directories of the Appliance (Windows Commander-like interface)
- Open the /etc/Acronis/VirtualWare.config file in WinSCP text editor (F4)
Add the following line:
<value name="ScaleMaxSnapshotNumber" type="Tdword>"3"</value>
Change the number from 3 to the required value.
- Save the modified file and reboot the appliance.
If multiple Virtual Appliances are deployed, repeat these steps on all of them.