1) You try to delete a sync in Acronis True Image, but it fails with an error message.
2) The synchronization itself was deleted from the cloud successfully, but the entry stays in Acronis True Image user interface and cannot be removed.
1) If the synchronization fails to be deleted in the program, you can try to delete it from WebRestore:
- log in to your Acronis account, open Dashboard, and navigate to the Sync tab
- Click on the empty space on the right side from the "Last version" section of the sync, which you want to delete:
A window with the "Delete" option will appear on the right side. Click on Delete and confirm the deletion.
Re-login in Acronis True Image to update the sync list.
2) If the sync was removed from the cloud, but not from Acronis True Image and fails to be deleted via the program GUI, do the following:
- Disable Active Protection, log out from your Acronis account, close Acronis True Image and stop Acronis processes and services in Task Manager
- Open Windows Registry Editor (Windows start button - enter "regedit" in the search field)
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Acronis\AcronisTrueImage2021\JoinedSyncs\ and find the name of the sync you want to delete. Delete the subkey with that name. If there are keys with AcronisTrueImage2020 and older versions, check each one and delete the affected folder name under each version
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Acronis\AcronisTrueImage2021\TrueImage\ and delete the RecentLogin subkey. Under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Acronis\AcronisTrueImage2021 \TrueImage\RecentLoginState, change the DWORD value to 0
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Acronis\SyncService\Accounts\<some numbers>\GlobalFeedsCache\… and find the name of the sync you want to delete. Delete the subkey with that name.
- Do the same for the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ Wow6432Node\Acronis\SyncService\Subscriptions\
- Rename or delete the following folders:
- Restart Acronis services in Task Manager, start Acronis True Image, log in to your account again, re-enable Active Protection and check the sync tab. If the syncs still appear in the list, click on the arrow icon and choose the Delete option, sync should be removable now.