By using a deployment task, you can perform deployment in either of these ways:
- Deployment to a specified list of machines. Acronis Snap Deploy will use the Wake-on-LAN functionality to wake up the machines that are turned off and thus are not ready for deployment.
- Deployment as soon as a specified number of any machines become ready for deployment. You (or users in your organization) will need to make the machines ready.
- Or you can run any deployment task manually from the Deployment tasks view.
Do the following to create a deployment task:
- Start the Acronis Management Console, connect to OS Deploy Server if needed, and click Deploy image:
- Create Deployment Task wizard opens. Click Next;
- Select the target machines: you can either specify a list of machines, or opt for deployment to any machines that are ready.
Starting with Build 3640, you can also select only the agents that have a Task name parameter configured
- Make sure the machine will be booted into Acronis Snap Deploy 6 Agent at the time of deployment:
- You can select an existing deployment template or create a new one:
- Set when to run the deployment task:
- Specify a time-out for waiting for all listed machines to become ready, and the action after the time-out:
- Review the summary and click Create;
- After creation, this and other deployment tasks can be found at the Deployment tasks tab: