When contacting Acronis Customer Central with a technical issue, it is recommended to have Acronis System Information at hand
Collecting Acronis System Information report lets Acronis Support Engineers have a better insight into the issue you may be experiencing. Please collect the report from the machine requested, this way all necessary logs will be collected.
Acronis System information may be generated via Management Console or from bootable media.
Collecting system information from Management Console
In the management console, select from the top menu Help > Collect system information:
Specify where to save system information file.
Collecting system information from bootable media GUI
- Create an Acronis bootable media. When creating the media, select the Acronis System Report check box in the list of components.
- Attach a USB drive to the machine for which you want to collect information.
- Boot that machine from the media.
- In the boot menu, click Acronis System Report:
- The tool saves the file with system information to the USB drive: file will be named AcronisSystemReport_<date>_<time>.z01. If two or more USB drives are attached, the tool saves the file to the first such drive it finds.
Collecting system information from bootable media command line
In some cases you may need to collect system information from Acronis bootable media command line rather than from GUI. Follow the steps below:
- Boot the machine with Acronis bootable media and select Acronis Snap Deploy 6 Standalone Utility.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+F2.
- Shell opens. In shell, execute:
- Once the report is collected, note the filename and its location.
- On a different machine, download WinSCP utility.
- With the utility, connect to the machine that is booted with Acronis bootable media. Use its IP address (displayed after the commands executed at step 5). Login is root. Password is root.
- Find the system information file and download it to your machine.