- You attempt to create Acronis Bootable Media on a Mac with Apple silicon processor
- Bootable media creation fails with:
An error occurred while creating media. Cannot format the destination disk
Issue in the product.
This issue has been fixed in Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office (formerly Acronis True Image). If you have an active subscription to Acronis True Image, you can upgrade at no cost.
As a workaround for earlier builds, format the destination drive manually before creating bootable media:
- Open Disk Utility
- The list of available drives on the left in Disk Utility window. Choose the external drive you'd like to use for Acronis Bootable Media
- Click on the Erase option from the four options available in the main window.
- Select the following values for erasing the disk:
- Format: Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
- Partition scheme: GUID partition map
- Click Erase to format the drive
- Re-attempt bootable media creation