Installation of third-party endpoint security software (e.g. BitDefender Endpoint Security) fails or hangs on the machine where Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office\ Acronis True Image 2021 is installed, even when Antivirus and Antimalware protection is disabled.
Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office\ Acronis True Image 2021 and third-party endpoint security software use the same network filtering driver (bddci.sys) that cannot be shared.
Before installing third-party endpoint security software follow the steps below to remove bddci.sys driver:
- Open Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office\ Acronis True Image 2021 and disable Antiransomware protection:
- go to Protection tab and click Settings in the bottom right corner
- in Settings, switch the Antiransomware Protection toggle off, then click ok:
- Open Elevated Command prompt: Start -> in search, type cmd -> right-click cmd.exe and select Run as administrator.
- Run the following commands:
sc stop bddci
sc delete bddci
- Install third-party endpoint protection software.