- You installed WD Discovery software on your Mac
- You try to boot the Mac with Acronis bootable media or Survival Kit
- Booting fails with the error:
This volume does not have users that can be restored
Incompatibility with WD Discovery NAS.
WD Discovery creates a specific partition on the disk. This type of partition is not supported by Acronis True Image.
This issue will be fixed in the upcoming update of Acronis True Image 2021.
This issue is fixed in Acronis True Image 2021 Update 5 (Build 39229). Please update to the latest build.
Workaround for earlier builds: since Acronis True Image 2021 cannot restore disk with the special partition created by WD Discovery, the only way to recover is to reinstall macOS, and then recover the system from a backup created before WD Discovery was installed (or you can simply recover the necessary data from the backup, such as user files and folders).
Reinstall macOS using one of the two methods:
- Create a bootable installer and use it to reinstall the system: see How to create a bootable installer for macOS
- Use Internet Recovery feature