Acronis True Image 2021 installation freezes on 10%:
Issue in the product.
This issue has been fixed in Acronis True Image 2021 Update 4 (Build 39184), please update to the latest build.
For earlier builds, follow the troubleshooting steps below.
To confirm the issue, please do the following:
- Go to %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Temp\ - it should have several folders with GUID names.
- Check several recent folders. Look for a file AcronisTrueImage.msi.txt. If such file is not present, use the workaround below:
- Cancel the frozen installation
- Run Acronis True Image installer but do not press button to start installation yet
- Go to %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Temp\<guid> folder. Check the latest created folders with GUID names. Find and run vc_redist.x86.exe in one of the folders. This is a Visual C++ Redistributable Package that installs required run-time components for Acronis True Image.
- Wait until vc_redist.x86.exe installation completes
- Start the installation of Acronis True Image.
If AcronisTrueImage.msi.txt is found in the temp folder, then the issue is not covered in this article and requires investigation. Collect the installation log, system information, and contact Acronis Support with a reference to this article.