Acronis True Image 2021 repeatedly asks for a restart after installation on macOS 11 Big Sur:
To run Acronis True Image, you must restart your Mac.
macOS prevents one of Acronis True Image kernel extensions from loading.
One restart is required for loading drivers. If Acronis True Image is requesting restart over and over, please follow the solution below.
Delete records about kernel extensions from KextPolicy table in macOS Recovery:
Boot into macOS Recovery: restart Mac and hold Command (⌘)+RBooting into macOS Recovery environment is obligatory for running the commands below. Access to kernel extensions database is prohibited under live macOS.
- Open Terminal from the Utilities menu.
- Change the current directory to the root of the system volume. Usually, its name is "Macintosh HD" or "Mac HD".
cd "/Volumes/Macintosh HD"
- Launch sqlite3:
./usr/bin/sqlite3Note the period . at the beginning of this command and commands in the next steps
- Open the KextPolicy database:
- Enter the following queries and confirm their execution with the Enter key:
DELETE FROM kext_load_history_v3 where team_id = 'ZU2TV78AA6';
DELETE FROM kext_policy where team_id = 'ZU2TV78AA6';
- Quit sqlite3 with the following command and reboot the Mac: