- You enabled two-factor authentication in Cloud console
- Acronis Cyber Backup/Protect software is installed as on-premises deployment
- You configure backup to Cloud Storage. Backup fails with the following error:
The credentials for location <account> are not specified.
Failed to authorize the user.
The credentials for the cloud storage are incorrect or you do not have an active cloud storage subscription
On-premises deployment of Acronis Cyber Protect 15 and Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5 does not support backing up to Cloud Storage if two-factor authentication is enabled.
This feature is considered for implementation in future versions of the product.
There are two possible workarounds in this case:
- Disable two-factor authentication in Cloud console
- Consider switching to Cloud deployment where two-factor authentication is supported: see User Guide for more information about deployment types.
Backup to other destinations is not affected by two-factor authentication.