- You want to install an agent in an environment with a proxy.
- You have configured proxy according to the user guide (Acronis Cyber Protect 15)
- Agent registration fails with the following error:
503 service unavailable
The issue is most commonly caused by the presence of http_proxy environment variable: Acronis services attempt to use this "proxy" for local connection.
To confirm that issue is caused by this environment variable:
- Open Command prompt: Start -> in Search, type cmd.exe and press Enter.
- Issue the following command:
- If the output of the command contains "http_proxy" parameter, then this is the cause of the issue
This issue will be fixed in future versions of the product.
Acronis Cyber Protect 15: this issue has been fixed in Build 26172, please update to the latest build.
Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5: use the workaround below:
Remove http_proxy variable: e.g. run the following command from Command Prompt:
setx http_proxy ""
Reboot the machine.
If there is no http_proxy environment variable in the list, then the issue is not covered in this article and needs investigation. Contact Acronis Support with a reference to this article.