By default, Acronis Backup Gateway service (abgw) uses port 44445, that is recommended configuration. However, in rare cases network infrastructure requires other ports. For example, when the port is already used on NAT. Thus, in this case operations in Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud to a storage configured through the gateway service will fail. Web Control Panel doesn’t allow to change the port.
You can change port 44445 to another port accepting a set of restrictions:
- Wide range of ports are already reserved for other services. Please use free ports. See more info in 2.5.3. Per-node network requirements and recommendations https://dl.acronis.com/u/software-defined/html/AcronisCyberInfrastructur...
- This change is only possible when Acronis Backup Gateway service is already registered in Acronis Cyber Cloud as a location.
- The desired port should be manually open, using custom traffic types feature. See more info in https://dl.acronis.com/u/software-defined/html/AcronisCyberInfrastructur...
To change the port:
1. Open the desired port in all networks with ABGW private and ABGW private traffic types.
- Go to Infrastructure -> Networks -> Create traffic type. Fill desired port. For example, 44446.
- Select the created custom type on all networks with ABGW private and ABGW private traffic types:
2. Open /etc/vstorage/abgw.config for editing and add the new port to this string. For example, to 44446. By default port is not set here.
abgw.addr = 0.0.0.0:44446
2. Open /mnt/vstorage/vols/acronis-backup/certs/.abgw.abc-registration-info for editing and change the port set in this string. For example, to 44446. By default it is 44445 here.
abgw-address = hello.world.tld:44446
3. Renew certificate as described in the documentation.
Since you changed Acronis Backup Gateway service port, the following features will require additional actions from your side:
1. When adding new machines for Backup Gateway cluster, the machines will use default port. Please do the following to change it to the desired port (For example, to 44446):
- Open /etc/vstorage/abgw.config on the newly added node for editing and add the new port to this string. By default port is not set here.
abgw.addr = 0.0.0.0:44446
- Restart ABGW service:
systemctl restart vstorage-abgw
2. Please keep the port open in ABGW private and in ABGW private networks whenever you reconfigure networking or migrate traffic types. For example, if you migrate ABGW private traffic type, please do not forget to enable custom traffic type the destination network.
3. Be cautious with Backup Gateway stings changing via WebCP or vinfra tool. It might affect /etc/vstorage/abgw.config file reverting to default settings in rare cases.