How to clone a disk with BootCamp using bootable media
Due to system changes in macOS 11 Big Sur, a disk with Boot Camp can only be cloned via bootable media.
- Create Acronis bootable media, if you haven't created it yet. See How to create Acronis Bootable Media on a Mac or this page in User Guide
- Plug in the bootable media to your Mac. Start or restart your Mac. Press and hold the Option key while the Mac is starting. The boot menu will be displayed.
- Choose Acronis Bootable Media as a device to boot from.
- Select Clone disk with Acronis True Image
- By default, your internal system drive is pre-selected as a cloning source. If you want to change it, click the cloning source icon, and then select the drive that you want to clone.
- Connect the destination drive.
Click the cloning destination icon, and then select the destination drive for the cloned data.When you start the cloning operation, the destination drive will be formatted, and all of the data stored on it will be irreversibly erased. Make sure that the destination disk is empty or does not contain valuable data.
- Click Clone to proceed with cloning operation.