You deploy Agent for VMware (VA) and try to register it with credentials. You use multi-factor authentication or two-factor authentication for your account.
Registration fails with this error:
The registration in service 'https://cloud.acronis.com' has failed.
LineInfo: 0x514E391C90C7D795; File: d:/420/enterprise/tools/register_agent/client_lib/impl/register_mms_client_lib,cpp;
Function: PerformAction; Line: 554;
LineInfo: 0x514E391C90C7D77E; File: d:/420/enterprise/tools/register_agent/client_lib/impl/register_mms_client_lib,cpp;
Function: PerformAction; Line: 531; Module: esx_appliance_glxa64_23140
Fields: address: https://cloud.acronis.com
Message: An error has occurred during the registration in service 'https:// cloud.acronis.com'
Virtual Appliance supports registration via credentials only and does not support multi-factor authentication.
Either use an account without mfa/2fa or register the appliance manually:
1. Generate registration token for your tenant:
- Sign in to the service console by using the credentials of the account to which the machines should be assigned.
- Click All devices > Add.
- Scroll down to Registration token, and then click Generate.
- Specify the token lifetime, and then click Generate token.
- Copy the token or write it down.
2. Use "register_agent" utility (the utility is present in /bin directory):
- Open the Virtual Appliance VM console in your hypervisor client UI and press Ctrl+Shift+F2 to switch to command line interface.
- Execute this command:
register_agent -o register -t cloud -a <your-datacenter> --token <token>
where <your-datacenter> is the datacenter address displayed in browser when you log in to Cyber Protection console, e.g. https://au1-cloud.acronis.com
<token> is the registration token generated in step 1.