After replacing an expired DeviceLock license file with a new one, the About DeviceLock… menu item still displays outdated license information.
The issue indicates that the expired license file has been replaced with the new one of the same file name.
Reinstall DeviceLock licenses on the management computer with DeviceLock Managemet Console
- Delete old license file(s) with the *.li_ extension from DeviceLock installation directory (C:\Program Files\DeviceLock or C:\Program Files (x86)\DeviceLock by default).
- Run Registry Editor (regedit.exe) and delete LIC parameter from the [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SmartLine Vision] branch ([HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SmartLine Vision] branch on 64-bit OS).
- Copy the new license file(s) into DeviceLock installation directory.
- Make sure that the file extension is .lic. If not, then change it manually.
- Run any of DeviceLock consoles to activate the license.
- The license file(s) extension will change to .li_ after activation.
- Check the About DeviceLock… menu item for updated license information.
Reinstall DeviceLock licenses on the DeviceLock Enterprise Server
On the computer where DeviceLock Enterprise Server service is installed and running do the following:
- Stop DeviceLock Enterprise Server service using the Services.msc snap-in.
- Run Registry Editor (regedit.exe) and delete ServerGUID parameter from the branch [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SmartLine Vision\DeviceLockEnterpriseServer] (or [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SmartLine Vision\DeviceLockEnterpriseServer] on 64-bit system if DL Server version is older than 8.3.75732).
- Start DeviceLock Enterprise Server service in the Services.msc snap-in.
- Install new DeviceLock license(s) in the DeviceLock Management Console -> DeviceLock Enterprise Server -> Server Options -> DeviceLock License(s).