After replacing an expired DeviceLock License file with a valid one, the ‘About DeviceLock …’ menu item still displays outdated license information.
The issue indicates that the expired license file has been replaced with the vaild one of the same file name.
1. Remove the old license file from DeviceLock installation directory
2. Run Registry editor, and in the [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SmartLine Vision] key delete the ‘LIC’ parameter ([HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SmartLine Vision] key on 64-bit OS)
3. Copy the vaild license file into DeviceLock installation directory
4. Make sure that the file extension is ‘.lic’. If not, then change it manually
5. Run any of DeviceLock consoles to activate the license
6. Change of DeviceLock license file extension to ‘.li_’ indicates that the license is installed successfully
7. Check the ‘About DeviceLock …’ menu item for updated license information.