This article describes the DeviceLock environment installation, or upgrade sequence. It is also applicable in cases when you're just upgrading an existing environment without adding any new elements (like new instances of DeviceLock Enterprise Server).
- Upgrade sequence: DeviceLock Enterprise Server(s) and DeviceLock Management Consoles -> Clients.
- Enable Default Security flag in DeviceLock Service Options-> DeviceLock Administrators in the clients policy before the upgrade (recommended, but not mandatory).
- The newer version can be installed on top of the previous (overlay), without uninstalling prior version first.
It is recommended to begin installation of DeviceLock DLP complex with DeviceLock Server part and DeviceLock Consoles by running the Setup.exe file from installation package (choose Server + Consoles installation type). In case of upgrading - by installing the new version over the old one in order to keep the existing settings and configuration. After that proceed to installing or upgrading DeviceLock Agents on client computers using one of the following methods:
- On multiple client computers, or within selected Organizational Units (OU) in AD/LDAP with the Monitoring Task of DeviceLock Enterprise Server.
- On multiple computers, selected OU, or entire domain with AD Group Policy.
- On multiple client computers with Install Service plug-in of DeviceLock Enterprise Manager.
- Individually, by connecting to each client computer with DeviceLock Management Console.