This article contains instructions on how to move DeviceLock Enterprise Server and its database to another computer. Note, that the procedure is undocumented, so please follow the instructions carefully to avoid data loss.
1. Stop DLServer.exe process on the existing (old) server.
2. Detach DeviceLock database: in MS SQL Server Management Studio right click on DeviceLock database -> Tasks-> Detach...
3. Attach DeviceLock database to the new SQL Server: on the new SQL Server in MS SQL Server Management Studio right click on the Databases node and select Attach... from the context menu to attach your old DL database.
4. Move 'DLStore' folder (it's location is specified in the Server Options-> 'Store path' parameter) from the old DL Enterprise Server to the new server machine, and make sure that it's location is the same as was the old one.
Note: If 'Store shadow files in the database' flag was checked on the old DL Enterprise Server, or if instead of the local 'DLstore' folder you had network path specified (e.g. \\server\dlserver\DLstore) then you can skip this step.
5. Start installation of DeviceLock Enterprise Server on the new server computer: run setup.exe file from the installation package and select 'Server + Consoles' installation.
NOTE: Make sure to have the most current devicelock.lic file available when prompted for licensing.
6. On the step to configure SQL Server connection parameters, specify the new SQL Server name/instance, and the name of the DeviceLock database moved to the new SQL server during steps 2-3.
7. If 'Store shadow files in the database' flag was checked on the old DL Enterprise Server, check it on the new DL Enterprise Server as well. If this flag was unchecked on the old DL Server, then leave it blank, and in the 'Store path:' parameter specify either network path previously used on the old DL Server (e.g. \\server\dlserver\DLstore), or path to the local 'DLStore' folder moved from the old server.
8. Click Next... button to finish installation.
9. In your current DeviceLock policy file (or Group Policy, if used) under Service Options -> DeviceLock Enterprise Server(s) setting, change the old DL Enterprise Server host name/IP address to the new one.
10. Copy any current license files (activated licenses have *.li_ extension, which should be changed to *.lic for installation on the new Server machine), any .WHL/.DLS configuration files, as well as a copy of your USB Devices Database (can be exported from DL Management Console into TXT/CSV file), and DeviceLock Certificate files (if used for signing features/connectivity authentication) from the old DL Server's ...\Program Files (x86)\DeviceLock folder over to the new DL Server's equivalent folder.