In DeviceLock Enterprise Manager, ‘Report PnP Devices’ plug-in fails to scan selected computers with ‘the request is not supported (50)’ error .
The error may either indicate that ‘Remotу Registry Service’ is not started, or that remote access to PnP interface is not allowed on the target computer (for Windows Vista/Server 2008/7 operating systems).
1. Connect to the problem machine using Computer Management utility, open the “Services” section and make sure that the Remote Registry Service is started and its startup type is set to “Automatic”
2. In order to retrieve PnP devices from Windows Vista/Server 2008 computers, you should allow remote access to the PnP interface on those computers. You can do it via modifying the policy as described below:
- start Local Group Policy Editor, for this press Win+R buttons, in the opened Run window type gpedit.msc and press ENTER
- open Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Device Installation
- change the Allow remote access to the PnP interface option to Enabled
- reboot the computer for the changes to take effect