Acronis Cyber Protect 15 supports two methods of deployment: on-premises and cloud. The main difference between them is the location of Acronis Cyber Protect Management Server.
On-premises deployment means that all of the product components are installed in your local network. This is the only deployment method available with a perpetual license. Also, you have to use this method if your machines are not connected to the Internet.
Cloud deployment means that the management server is located in one of the Acronis data centers. The benefit of this approach is that you do not need to maintain the management server in your local network.
(!) Please note that Cloud deployment is available only for subscription licenses.
In both cases, to access the backup console, one should enter the login page address to the web browser address bar, and then specify the user name and password.
For on-premises deployment, the login page address is the IP address or name of the machine where the management server is installed. The Cloud console is accessible on https://backup.acronis.com/.
The following table summarizes differences between the on-premises and cloud deployments:
- On-premises management server
- Unit and account management with the Advanced license only
- Both subscription and perpetual licenses can be used
- Bootable Media Builder
- Backup and disk management in bootable media
- Upgrade from previous versions of Acronis Backup, including Acronis Backup for VMware
- Tape devices and Acronis Storage Nodes as backup locations *
- Off-host data processing *
- Participation in the Acronis Customer Experience Program
- A subscription license is required
- Cloud-to-cloud backup of Microsoft Microsoft 365 data, including protection of groups, public folders, OneDrive and SharePoint Online data
- Mobile backup to cloud
- Disaster recovery as a cloud service (add-on)
* The feature is not available in the Standard edition
You can find more detailed information here.