- You have an UEFI virtual or physical machine with on GPT disk with 5 or more partitions on it, including service partitions.
- You back up this machine using Version 12 backup format
- You attempt to recover this backup to a new Hyper-V VM on a disk with sufficient space, but the operation fails with the following error:
Cannot recover the volume from the disk backup. There is insufficient free space on the target disk.
Issue in the product.
Acronis Cyber Protect 15: this issue is fixed in Build 25729.
As a workaround for earlier builds, create a new Hyper-V VM, and perform recovery to it using bootable media:
- Create bootable media (see Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5: how to create a bootable media) or download an ISO image of Acronis Bootable media from your Acronis Account (see How to download Acronis bootable media ISO)
- Boot the new virtual machine with the created bootable media;
- Follow recovery instructions in the product documentation: see Recovering disks by using bootable media