Backup, replication or another activity fails with:
Windows error: (0x80070002) The system cannot find the file specified
Acronis Agent cannot find backup archive located on target location.
Location in question can be found in "path" line in the error details:
| error 0x40002e: Failed to open the backup location.
| line: 0x3f26773fab7bdac6
| file: e:\363\enterprise\backup\places2\impl\dir_place.cpp:543
| function: Places::DirPlace::MakeDir
| path: Z:/Backup/
| $module: disk_bundle_vs_12960
1. In most cases this error occurs when backup destination is a Windows mapped drive. Note that backups to mounted network drives in Windows are not supported. See Acronis backup software: Windows mapped network drives are not supported
If backup destination is a mapped network drive, edit the backup plan and specify the backup destination as UNC path to the network share: \\ServerName\Sharename\ or \\<ip_address>\Sharename\
2. In case backup destination is not a mapped drive, make sure that backup location is accessible from the affected Agent machine:
- If backup destination is internal or external hard drive, make sure the drive letter matches the path specified in the backup plan.
- If backup destination is external hard drive, make sure it is plugged in and that it can be accessed by OS, e.g. it can be browsed via Windows Explorer.
3. Check target disk for errors. You can Windows native Check Disk utility or diagnostic tools provided by your hardware manufacturer.
If the suggested steps did not help resolve the issue, collect the following diagnostic information and contact Acronis Customer Central:
- Collect Process Monitor log while reproducing the issue
- Create a system report of the affected machine