This article describes how to configure backup if you want to back up individual disk/partitions or files/folders on your local hard drive. For example, if you have several disks, but only want to backup partition C:\ with the operating system, or if you want to back up only a folder with important documents.
On a Windows computer
- Start Acronis True Image and click Backup on the sidebar.
- Click Add backup to add a new backup:
- You can change default backup name:
- Click backup source icon, and then select the type of items you want to back up: Disks and partitions or Files and folders
from here you can select a specific disk or partition that you want to back up, for example, partition C:\ (click on a partition that you want to back up to select it)
or select files and folders: mark the necessary files and folders on the right panel with a checkbox:
- Click backup destination icon, and then select a destination for the backup: you can select local folder, external hard drive (if available), NAS (if available) or Acronis Cloud
You need Acronis True Image Advanced or Premium to be able to back up to Acronis Cloud.
- Click Options to set the options for the backup, including schedule, scheme, archive cleanup and others:
You can find more information about backup options in the User Guide
- Click Back up now or select another start time option:
On a Mac
- Start Acronis True Image.
- On the sidebar, click Backup, then click Add backup if you already have other backups in place
- Click the backup source icon on the left, and then select the type of items you want to back up - Disks or Files and folders:
- In the opened window, select the items that you want to back up, and then click Ok.
- Click the backup destination icon, and then select a destination for backup:
You need Acronis True Image Advanced or Premium subscription to be able to back up to Acronis Cloud.
- Click the Settings button to set the options for the backup, including schedule and archive cleanup:
- Click Back up.