This article explains how to change the maximum size and a maximum number of stored logs for some product services on the Agent machine. This may be useful if logs take too much space, or in case you need to keep logs for longer than usual.
Acronis Managed Machine Service:
On the machine with Agent, open mms.config file for editing.
Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud:
- Windows: C:\Program Files\BackupClient\BackupAndRecovery\mms.config
- Linux: /usr/lib/Acronis/BackupAndRecovery/mms.config
Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5: C:\Program Files\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\mms.config
2. In the logging part of the file, find the service(s) that you want to adjust logging for and modify the following parameters:
- maxfiles - number of log files to keep
- maxsize - maximal log size in bytes
Example: default settings for alerts.log are maxfiles="30", maxsize="1073741824"
3. Save changes to the file
4. Restart Acronis Managed Machine service (MMS).
Acronis Cyber Protect agent (in Acronis Cyber Cloud, Acronis Cyber Protect 15)
To adjust Acronis Cyber Protect agent log size, do the following:
- On the machine with Agent, open the following file for editing:
- Windows: C:\ProgramData\Acronis\Agent\etc\atp-agent.yaml
- Linux: /opt/acronis/etc/atp-agent.yaml
- In the logger part of the file, adjust the following parameters according to your needs:
rotation_size - rotation size, in characters
max_files - maximum number of stored files
min_free_space - minimum free space on the drive, in bytes
max_size - maximum total size of the stored files, in bytes
To set a fixed number of log files, set max files equal to the number of log files that you want to keep, and rotation_size equal to the max_size.Acronis recommends keeping at least 500 MB in logs, to provide sufficient information for analysis in case troubleshooting is required.
Restart Acronis Agent Core service (aakore).