This has been fixed
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2010
- Acronis True Image Home 2010 Plus Pack
- Acronis True Image Home 2010 Netbook Edition
The operating systems are:
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Using Acronis True Image Home 2010, you are trying to run a backup on a Windows Vista or Windows 7 operating system;
- The backup job makes the operating system unresponsive.
Because of the latest major changes in Windows Vista and Windows 7 native snapshot driver (VolSnap), there were some modifications introduced in Acronis True Image Home 2010 (starting from Build 6029). The Acronis native snapshot driver (snapman) was moved from UpperFilters to LowerFilters to avoid conflicts with VolSnap (which could have lead to backups failure or data corruption in backups). This change may sometimes manifest itself in a freezing Windows Vista or Windows 7 operating system on machines with rare software and hardware configurations.
This has been fixed, and the fix is available in the latest build of the product. Please see Installation of the latest update of an Acronis product.
- Mounting an Acronis True Image Home Image Fails after Upgrading Windows Vista to Windows 7
- Acronis True Image Home 2010: Try&Decide Fails to Start after Upgrading Windows Vista to Windows 7
- Mounting Acronis True Image Home 2010 Backup in Windows 7 or Windows Vista Fails with "Archive Open Error"
- Acronis True Image Home 2010 Throws Errors in Application Event Log (Source: SideBySide, Event ID: 33) on Windows 7