Operation (backup, replication) fails with the following error:
Misc error while local file io
This error might be caused by issue on storage or network connectivity problems between agent and storage.
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot the issue:
1. Download Cloud Connection Verification Tool and use it to identify possible network issues, such as closed ports;
You can also use OpenSSL for in-depth analysis, see Using OpenSSL to troubleshoot connection issues caused by firewalls and DPI software
2. If network connection is unstable, increase the number of attempts in Backup options > Error handling (see Error Handling in User Guide for more information)
3. If you are using Acronis Cyber Infrastructure, check the status of the Backup storage services, see 68726: Acronis Cyber Infrastructure: Backup Storage service status check for more details.
4. Check pcs logs around the time of failure for error messages, they can help pinpoint the root cause:
- Windows: C:\ProgramData\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\MMS\pcs.0.log.gz
- Linux: /var/lib/Acronis/BackupAndRecovery/MMS/pcs.0.log.gz
- macOS: /Library/Application Support/Acronis/BackupAndRecovery/MMS/pcs.0.log.gz
If suggested steps did not help to resolve the issue, collect information for further investigation and contact Acronis Support:
- If destination is Acronis Cloud Storage - collect output of Cloud Connection Verification Tool (take a screenshot or save as a text file)
- If destination is Acronis Cyber Infrastructure - provide Acronis Backup Gateway logs: see How to open Acronis Backup Gateway log
- Acronis system information from affected agent machine: Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5 - click here for instructions, Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud - click here