As a service provider using Acronis Backup Cloud solution you can have a Backups storage based on Acronis Cyber Infrastructure/Acronis Software-Defined Infrastructure/Acronis Storage) registered in Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud. In case if change of backup storage address is required, the approach below may be used.
1. Prior to change of storage address it is required to configure new appropriate DNS records using a new domain name;
2. If Backup Gateway was previously registered with direct public IP address and it is required to just change IP address, new IP may be specified instead of a new DNS name in the corresponding command, although using domain name for backup storage address should be always preferable.
3. After following steps below the storage DNS name is expected to be also automatically changed in Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud for the existing location.
Note: all actions should be performed after logging under 'root' user into any cluster node included into Backup Gateway.
1. Find the ID of the issued registration which needs to have changed storage address:
[root@node01 ~]# vstorage-abgw-register list
2. Execute the following command:
[root@node01 ~]# vstorage-abgw-register change-dns -R "83212074-98e0-4bde-b27c-ff91633836ec" -a abgw-changed.localdomain:44445
- -R parameter is a ID of the issued registration;
- -a parameter is a new address of the storage with the port specified;
Note: entering credentials of partner tenant used used to register the storage will be required.
3. Update Backup storage certificates, see KB59997.
Contact Acronis support in case of the issues or if some assistance will be required.