- You created a backup to a tape directly attached to a machine with Agent for Windows/Agent for Linux,
- You added the same tape as managed location to a Storage Node;
- Recovery or browsing archives from the tape via Storage Node fails with:
The storage node cannot access backups created in an unmanaged location
Product design limitation. Currently recovery of backups created by Agent on tape by Storage Node is not supported.
You can use one of the following workarounds:
- Attach the tape to a machine with Agent and add it as unmanaged location.
- Create a bootable media (see this article for instructions) and perform recovery from tape using that bootable media.
(!) Recovery from tape is only available in bootable media created with Bootable Media Builder. It is not available in the ISO image downloaded from Acronis Account.