I want to configure virtual firewall rules in Acronis Cloud Security. What options do I have?
There are three basic types of virtual firewall rules in the Acronis Cloud Security product:
- Global rules of default for All VMs group: These rules automatically apply to all virtual machines (VMs) in the Hyper-V environment under Acronis Cloud Security product.
- User defined security groups rule: These rules apply to VMs associated with security group(s); VMs can be assigned to security group(s) from the VM settings. Each VM can be a member of several security groups. In addition to the VMs, firewall rules can also be defined for Hyper-V hosts’ network adapters that are connected to a virtual switch.
- Local rules: These rules apply to only the VM or the host adapter for which they were created. All rules take effect when the virtual firewall protection is enabled.
Note: Acronis Cloud Security uses the following approach to applying the virtual firewall rules:
- All traffic is blocked by default if no firewall rule is added to the protected VM.
- Any allowing firewall rule opens the channel(s) it is set for and allows the corresponding traffic to flow.
- Any blocking firewall rule has priority over any allowing firewall rule in the event that they refer to the same resource(s).