I want to apply a previously created User Defined Rules Template in Acronis Cloud Security. How do I do that?
To apply a previously created User Defined Rules template, select one of the following entities in the object tree:
- All VMs default group to apply a template to all VMs. The global administrator is the only user that can perform this function.
- Previously created User Defined Security group to apply a template to the members of this group.
- VM to apply a template to the selected VM.
Select Rules>Add Rule Using Template from the main menu. The Add Rule Using Template dialogue box will appear:
- Select the required template from the Template drop down list. You will be able to view the set of rules that are included in the selected templates.
- If necessary, alter remote system parameters for the following rules: Remote IPs, Remote VMs, Remote MACs.
Note: The rules may already contain remote system parameters. If you set new parameters before applying the template, it will overwrite the parameters that were previously set in the rule. The new remote system parameters will only take effect for the single instance when the template is applied to the selected object. The template will revert to its previous default settings once it has been applied to an object.
Click OK to apply the selected template. The rules will be added to the object’s rules list.