Acronis Manager Cloud Security provides multilayered protection for every point of attack across your Microsoft Cloud, allowing you to:
- Control and isolate traffic between all types of VMs – Firewall Protection
- Detect threat in real time and receive immediate notifications - Antivirus Protection
- Identify and receive alerts on attacks and probes - Intrusion Detection Protection
- Continuously monitor traffic to establish a normalized baseline - Anomaly Analytics Protection
I want to enable the authorization required option for IP virtual firewall rules. How do I do that?
When the authorization required option is enabled within the IP rule’s parameters, the updated rule will only apply to authorized addresses. Any remote address that the rule is intended to cover should be authorized using the Acroniscli.exe application. This application is included with the Acronis Cloud Security installation package. In addition, it is a necessary for custom users to be created in the Acronis Cloud Security users list. This will be required during the authorization process.
To enable authorization:
1. Ensure you’ve created the appropriate custom users in Acronis Cloud Security.
Note: If the target virtual machine (VM) is in the global group, then the custom user should be created for that global group. If the target VM is assigned to a tenant, then the custom user should be created for that tenant.
2. Run the Acroniscli.exe application that was included with the Acronis Cloud Security installation package for the remote computer that the rule should apply to:
- Enter the management server IP address in the Host field.
- Enter the custom user’s name into the Login field.
- Enter the custom user’s password.
- Enter the tenant’s name in the Tenant field. Leave it empty if you are connecting to the global group.
- Enter VM ID in the VM ID field. This value can be retrieved in the VM Settings dialog window:
Note: If a third party needs authorization, the Cloud Security administrator will have to provide the above data along with the Acroniscli.exe application.
- Click the Connect button and the Access Client dialogue box will open:
Once the authentication process is complete, the IP address of the computer will be authorized and the IP virtual firewall rule will apply. Clicking on the Disconnect button will interrupt the session and the rule will not be applied.