Acronis True Image 2021 for Windows introduced a new option for you to clean up cloud backups directly from the product interface. This feature permits deleting just the selected backup versions and their dependencies on demand, without changing automatic cleanup rules and waiting until they are applied.
Please be aware of the following limitations in cloud cleanup mechanism:
- Minimum backup size for cleanup is 5Gb
- Quota update in Acronis Cloud may take up to 1 day after cleanup
- Cleanup cannot be performed while backup is in progress
- While Cleanup Wizard is launched for a selected backup, this backup will not be launched by schedule
- In the Backup section, click the down arrow icon next to the backup in Acronis Cloud that you want to clean up, click Clean up versions...
- Clean up backup versions window opens. The program displays the list of slices for this backup, including backup type (full/incremental), size, creation date and comments (if any):
- Select which backup slices you want to delete:
If full backup is selected, all depended incremental backups are selected as well.
- Click Delete to proceed; then click Delete again in the confirmation popup window
To learn about deleting backups from Acronis Cloud via web restore rather than via product GUI, see How to delete backups in Acronis Cloud and free up Cloud storage space
Old backups are deleted automatically according to the rules defined in the backup options. Read "Automatic cleanup rules" section in the user guide for more information: local backups, backups in Acronis Cloud.