Acronis Active Protection stops on its own.
"Application error" event about anti_ransomware_service.exe is recorded in Windows Application event log (open Windows Start menu, type eventvwr.msc, press Enter, navigate to Windows Logs - Application).
Known issue with the software. The application crash occurs when the software is unable to parse configuration files.
A proper fix is expected in one of the next updates of Acronis True Image.
In the meanwhile, the issue can be fixed by replacing Acronis Active Protection configuration files with default ones.
- Download the default configuration files.
- Unpack the files into C:\ProgramData\Acronis\ActiveProtection, overwriting existing files.
- Start Acronis Active Protection service:
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to launch Windows Task Manager
- Click on the tab Services
- Right-click AcronisActiveProtectionService and select Start or Start service
- Launch Acronis True Image and turn on the toggle under Active Protection tab