If you need to create a 32-bit Acronis Bootable Media (Linux-based), install Acronis Bootable Media Builder component on a 32-bit Windows operating system using 32-bit installer of Acronis Backup 12.5. For example, this can be any temporary virtual machine running 32-bit Windows operating system.
If installation on a 32-bit system is not an option, you can use the workaround described below to enable 32-bit bootable media creation using Acronis Bootable Media Builder installed on a 64-bit Windows operating system.
Do the following on a 64-bit machine that already has Acronis Bootable Media Builder component installed from Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5 Update 4 build #14330 installation package:
- Download Media Builder components here and registry key here.
(!) NOTE: These files apply to build #14330 only. If you are using a different build number, you can generate these files by yourself - refer to More information section below for details.
- Go to \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\BackupAndRecoveryAgent\ and copy the contents of 32bitMedia.zip archive into this folder.
- Import the registry key: unzip registry.zip and double-click on the .reg file. This will add the missing entries which describe the configuration of the menu items in Media Builder interface
As the result there will be new entries added to menu of the Acronis Bootable Media Builder running on 64-bit machine which would allow to create 32-bit media:
These instructions use files and registry exports in step 1 from a machine where 32-bit Acronis Bootable Media Builder was installed. If you cannot use the downloaded components for some reason (e.g. if you use a different build number), you can temporarily install 32-bit Acronis Bootable Media Builder on a 32-bit operating system in your environment and gather the necessary components manually:
- Download Windows 32-bit installer of Acronis Backup and install Acronis Bootable Media Builder on a 32-bit system
- Copy the files from \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\BackupAndRecoveryAgent\ folder on the 32-bit machine and paste them into the same folder on the machine with 64-bit Bootable Media Builder. Copying should be done without replacing the files - simply add the missing elements, do not replace what is already in the folder.
- Open registry editor (Win+R -> type regedit) and export the following key:
Then import this key on the machine with 64-bit Acronis Bootable Media Builder.
(Optional) Modify the \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\BackupAndRecoveryAgent\boootagent_aur_abr.config file to rename the title “Acronis Universal Restore” in the Media Builder menu to “Acronis Universal Restore 32-bit” (If these changes are not made, there will be 2 identical “Acronis Universal Restore” entries in the menu - from 64-bit and from 32-bit):