If you want to run your backups manually and have the ability to choose what type of backup to create when the task is run, you can select the necessary backup scheme and switch off scheduling.
Follow the steps below to set up a custom backup scheme, including differential and/or incremental backups:
- In Management Console, go to Plans -> Backup -> click Create Plan
- Select what to back up and where to back up
- In Schedule section, select the backup scheme that you want to use:
- Always incremental
- Always full - if you want to only create full backups
- Weekly full, daily incremental - you can choose to create a full or incremental backup
Monthly full, Weekly differential, Daily incremental (GFS) - select this option if you want to be able to choose what type of backup to create (full, incremental or differential)
Custom (specify the frequency of each type of backup) - select this option if you want to be able to choose what type of backup to create (full, incremental or differential)
Availability of backup schemes depends on backup location that you choose, e.g. Cloud storage only allows Always incremental backups. See available backup schemes for different locations here.
Set retention rules for your backup plan: go to How many to keep, select Cleanup: by number of backups (and set the necessary number of backups) or Keep backups indefinitely, depending on your needs. Retention rules will be executed when you run the backup plan.
After selecting backup scheme, move the schedule switch to OFF
- Specify other plan parameters and click Create. For more information on how to create a backup plan see product documentation.
- To run the backup plan without schedule, select the plan in the list and click Details. On Details page, click on down arrow next to Run now and select what type of backup you want to create.