Limitations of TIBX backups
Acronis True Image backups in TIBX format have the following limitations in Acronis True Image 2021:
- The option "Backup reserve copy" is not available for backups in the new format - you can use Replication instead
- The option "Removable media settings" is available for backups in the new format, but does not take effect
- Restoration from a manually moved .tibx (via Windows Explorer or other file management tools) is not possible, if all other .tibx - parts of the backup archive - were not moved too into the same folder, even if the moved .tibx contained a full backup (the term "full backup" here refers to the "full" backup type, as opposed to "incremental" and "differential" backup types)
- Compression level is available in backup options in the new format, but does not take effect.
In addition to the above limitations, backups in TIBX format have the following limitations in Acronis True Image 2020:
- Backup conversion to VHD/VHDX format is not possible
- Moving the backup through the Acronis True Image console is not possible
- Renaming local backups is not possible
- The backup mounting option is not present for the new backup format
The listed functionality may be added for TIBX backups in the future versions of the product.
Note that these limitations do not apply to backups in .tib format.