Last update: Thu, 2020-09-03 06:03
- You recover a VM backup to a new virtual machine on ESXi 6.7 using Agent for VMWare (Windows) or Virtual Appliance.
- Activity fails with the following error:
Invalid configuration for device '0'
Issue in the product. It will be fixed in future product updates.
Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud: the issue has been fixed in version 9.0.
Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5: the issue has been fixed in Update 5 (Build 16180). Please update to the latest build.
As a workaround without updating, create a new empty virtual machine with the same disk structure as the original VM and recover the backup using bootable media:
- Create bootable media (see Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5: how to create a bootable media) or download an ISO image of Acronis Bootable media from your Acronis Account (see How to download Acronis bootable media ISO)
- Boot the new virtual machine with the created bootable media;
- Follow recovery instructions in the product documentation: see Recovering disks by using bootable media